Deployed by the Direction Générale des Entreprises (DGE) and operated by Bpifrance, in collaboration with territorial partners and schemes, the IA Booster France 2030 program offers customized training and advice tailored to the needs of companies (SMEs and ETIs) to support them in their process of innovation and digital transformation by integrating AI.
Financing and supporting the transition to artificial intelligence
A survey conducted in May 2023 by the BVA institute for Pôle Emploi shows that artificial intelligence is still little used in France. In fact, only 35% of companies with more than 10 employees use it or have already implemented AI solutions.
Yet companies that have adopted AI are finding:
- improved employee performance (72%),
- a reduction in tedious tasks and improved working conditions (63%),
- improved customer relations (58%).
The French government is keen to support SMEs and ETIs in their adoption of artificial intelligence through its IA Booster program, which is part of the France 2030 plan's Strategy for Accelerating Artificial Intelligence (SAIA). The program will be based on an approach that focuses on the concrete needs of companies, taking into account the specificities of their activities, to offer them tailored AI solutions. It is intended to reach several thousand companies.
Access to the program
The IA Booster France 2030 program is aimed at French SMEs and ETIs wishing to integrate AI into their strategy to boost their competitiveness and stimulate innovation. These structures will be eligible, whatever their sector of activity, if they have between 10 and 2,000 employees and sales in excess of 250,000 euros.
Eligible companies can benefit from a partial cost reimbursement of up to 80% of the chosen service.
A program divided into 4 phases
The program comprises 4 phases:
- A phase of awareness and acculturation to AI solutions. This first phase will give managers access to self-diagnostic tools, free online training modules and webinars on the Bpifrance Université platform, to help them become aware of the advantages offered by artificial intelligence.
- An AI data diagnostic phase. Companies joining the program will have access to individual consulting services to learn how to identify priority use cases where the exploitation of data by AI creates value.
- An AI solution selection phase. During this phase, SMEs and SMBs can integrate existing AI solutions or develop customized solutions.
- An AI solution testing phase. The aim of this phase is to support companies in deploying the chosen AI solution, thanks to the individual advice provided.
Interested companies can now contact Bpifrance to confirm their eligibility for the scheme.