Introduced on January 1, 2023 by the PACTE law, the National Register of Companies centralizes the legal information of French companies engaged in economic activity. A decree issued on October 17 sets out the latest changes and corrections to the RNE.
What is RNE?
Entrusted to the Institut national de la propriété industrielle (INPI), the RNE is a fully dematerialized register that can be consulted free of charge. On January 1, 2023, it will replace the pre-existing business registers: the National Trade and Companies Register, the National Trades Register and the Agricultural Assets Register.
The National Register of Companies now covers all companies operating in France, regardless of the nature of their activity (commercial, craft, agricultural, liberal). The information accessible comes from formalities carried out by companies(creation, modification, transfer) and registrations made by the competent authorities.
Registration possible for groups without legal personality
Among the new features introduced to the RNE by the decree of October 17, 2023, is the possibility for de facto companies, joint ventures and undivided interests to register.
These groups, which do not have a legal personality, will have to provide several items of information when they register:
- their name,
- their legal form and address;
- a description of their main activity;
- the name, nationality and contact details of the individuals making up the company.
Modification of the trade and companies register when exercising a craft activity
For craft businesses, the Registrar enters the declared activity in the Trade and Companies Register (RCS) at the time of any registration or modification.
After one month, he checks that the registered activity has been validated by the President of the Chamber of Trades and Crafts (CMA). If this is not the case, he deletes the entry from the RCS and informs the company.
Other new products
The decree of October 17 also introduces other changes, including :
- The possibility for companies registered in the RNE to request a rectification of their data from INPI if they find an inconsistency between the information on the RNE and that in the RCS ;
- The obligation for the natural person or legal entity registered in the RNE to declare the information missing from the register due to a technical impossibility, prior to or at the same time as requesting a modification or deletion from the RNE;
- Legal entities and natural persons subject to the obligation to register asbusinesses in the trades and crafts sector that have not yet hired a professionally-qualified employee will be required to register under the heading "subject to hiring a professionally-qualified employee".
National Company Register (RNE): corrections and new featureshttps://t.co/pKEWjTbGPz- DILA (@DILA_officiel) November 3, 2023