The widespread deployment of electronic invoicing and the transmission of transaction data to the administration will take place progressively from July 1, 2024. To facilitate this mandatory changeover, Bercy has announced the launch of a pilot program and a call for applications to test the system. We explain what you need to know to sign up for this experimental phase.
Generalized electronic invoicing as of July 2024
Last September, the government specified that the generalization of electronic invoicing would take place progressively according to company size. The first amended Finance Act for 2022 confirmed the reform timetable.
The obligation toissue electronic invoices and transmit transaction data to the authorities will apply from :
- July 1, 2024 for large companies and VAT groups ;
- January 1, 2025 for mid-sized companies;
- January 1, 2026 for SMEs.
All companies, whatever their size, must be able to receive electronic invoices from July 1, 2024.
To meet their new obligations, companies will need to use a partner platform or the public Chorus Pro invoicing portal. They will also be able to rely on their chartered accountant and use their accounting software, ensuring that it offers a connector for the correct transmission of invoices and e-reporting data.
Sign up for the pilot operation to test the system
In a press release published on April 19, 2023, Bercy announced the launch of a pilot operation that will run from January 3 to June 30, 2024, and should enable " real-life testing of the smooth end-to-end operation of the system involving all players ", says the Ministry of the Economy.
Companies can take part in this experimental phase by submitting an application before June 26, 2023. The application must include three documents:
- An application form: this document must be accompanied by a schematic presentation to give the authorities a better idea of the team's ecosystem;
- A letter of motivation: this document enables the candidate to demonstrate his or her ability to take part in the project and to express the objectives sought through his or her participation;
- A commitment charter signed by the team leader and his or her team members: with this document, the company agrees to respect the terms of the charter.
After analyzing these elements, the administration will inform the applicant of its decision by e-mail. If the application is deemed admissible, the administration will send the applicant a grid for collecting information useful for the composition of the panel intended to refine the selection of pilots. The teams selected to take part in the operation will be notified in mid-August, before a launch meeting scheduled for early September 2023.